Saturday, April 23, 2011

Creative Highlights from April

My previous watercolor session was so much fun. I am working on this new one above. I am looking forward to more time with creativity.

I created this as a sort of birthday wish to myself: relax outside, expand your heart and chest, drink more water, take more hot baths and indulge in massages. All things that make my soul brighter!

I really liked these images because it reminds me of self-care. When we fill up our cups with self love, we can overflow that love to others. It's also about self respect, style and making an effort. I think the watercolor shot is pretty fun and whimsical.

Sometimes when I sit down with my sketchpad, it is a way for me to sit with my feelings - sometimes good, sometimes bad stuff. I really like this snippet of wisdom that Samantha Sussenbach wrote in "Sketch This": "I believe we need to create what we need most. I draw to understand, to vent and to dream up, but mostly to untangle." It is amazing what a few minutes with some pens, paper, images, and paints can do for you. I feel calm, centered, and at peace.


I found these wonderful quotes by Mother Theresa. I like how slowly writing them down and watercoloring over them was very reflective and thoughtful. One quote that stuck with me was," If you are discouraged it is a sign of pride because it shows you trust in your own power. Your self sufficiency, your selfishness, and your intellectual pride will inhibit His coming to live in your heart because God cannot fill what is already full. It is as simple as that."

I signed up for the Brave Girl's Club Soul Restoration Class. It's an online course which has videos and art projects weekly. And, I'm hoping that carving out time for more art, thinking and journaling will help nourish my soul creatively.

Above is what I created in my inside cover. I was attracted to the image of water - baptizing, restoring, and healing. But also the image of God being the healing water, restoring and cleansing us.

No comments:

Post a Comment