Thursday, November 18, 2010

pleasant little doses of art

The weather outside is getting much better! Cooler temps is always inspiring for new adventures. I have been motiviated by the Artist's Way book and the Art Every Day Blog lately. I also like how other artists have done smaller projects so they are not overwhelmed by the challenge of being creative.

The above photo is an assignment that I was given in the Artist's Way to have a sign that says, "Treating myself like a precious object will make me strong." It's a good reminder that creativity, happiness, and love start with yourself. If you don't look after yourself, you will never be empowered to take care of others. Also, investing in self-love is a signal to others how you want to be treated.


The photo above is a simple painting of my watercolor pencils. They are portable, colorful and easy to work with when I'm crunched for time. It's a reminder that our creativity is a luxury we must indulge in often. I look forward to more artful times in the studio in the coming days. Can't wait for Thanksgiving Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment